This is the first edition of Friday Favorites. Every Friday I am going to share a few of my favorite things. It might be my current favorite products, quotes, travel destinations, Scripture verses, or something completely random. I hope you join in on the fun and share a few of your favorites with me.
For the launch of Friday Favorites, I’ve decided to share what inspires, motivates, and encourages me the most – 10 of my favorite Scripture verses!
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” I believe that all Scripture is God-breathed. God speaks, encourages, inspires, sharpens, and challenges me through His word. The more time I spend reading the Bible, the more I am stretched to be a better reflection of Jesus Christ to the world.
- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” If people know just one verse from the Bible, it is often John 3:16. This is a verse I have heard my entire life, but I don’t ever want to take the message for granted. God loves you and me so much that He gave of Himself. He wants us. He wants us to repent (turn away) from our sin and live in such a way that shows we truly believe that God is who He says He is.
- Psalm 18:2 “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
- Psalm 139:13-14 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” God knew you before you were ever a thought to anyone else. He created you. Believe it.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” I am not meant to do this life alone. God wants to be number one in my life, guiding me. This life is not about me making my own plans and going down whatever path I choose. It is about me trusting God and submitting to His plan for my life.
- Colossians 3:23-24 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”
- Colossians 4:6 “Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.”
- Psalm 8:1, 3-4 “Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory in the heavens…When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?” Sometimes I just need to flat-out be reminded of the majesty of God. He breathed the stars into existence. He set the sun, moon, and oceans in place. He is the Lord Almighty.
- Matthew 5:16 “…let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” We are to shine brightly and honor God in all that we do. Our actions and words should point to Jesus and not ourselves.
- Ephesians 3:20-21 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
What are some of your favorite Scripture verses? I would love to hear from you!
All Scriptures are quoted from the New International Version.